A few dabs of our Ghost Pepper infused Ghost Island and some unique toppings turns this mac & cheese recipe into an unforgettable culinary experience.
Ghost Pepper Mac and Cheese
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hours 0 mins
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp Ghost Island (or more according to your heat preference)
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb macoroni
- 2 tbsp dried mango
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp plantain chips
- 2 tbsp scallions
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp pork rinds
- 2 tsp thyme
- ½ cup jerk chicken
- Curry Karma, Ghost Island, or Scorpion Disco depending on heat preference.
- Chop peanuts, plantains, cilantro, pork rinds, scallions and thyme. Set aside.
- Heat large saucepan to medium temperature.
- Add butter and flour, whisking to form a roux (five to 10 minutes until it turns a light tan color).
- Gradually add milk while whisking to avoid lumps.
- When the sauce has thickened whisk in Ghost Island and salt.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for al dente.
- Drain and immediately toss into the sauce.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Transfer to platter or plates.
- Sprinkle toppings and drizzle your preferred Karma Sauce over the top. Enjoy!